Applications open: Postdoctoral Fellowships in REEP
REEP would like to appoint a Postdoctoral Fellow to conduct research on economics of tobacco control, and alcohol and sugar policy. We are looking for a dedicated researcher with skills in economics and econometrics, and an interest in tax administration and public health. An ability to publish (i.e. strong writing skills) is a must.
Conditions of the award
- Possession of a PhD or equivalent degree in Economics or a related discipline.
- The postdoctoral fellowship is only available to individuals who have achieved the doctoral degree within the past 5 years
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts
- Excellent writing and good presenataion skills; successful candidates may be presenting at conferences and workshops.
- No benefits or allowances are included in the fellowship (e.g no pension nor health insurance).
- Successful candidates will be required to comply with the University’s policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral fellows.
- Fully proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Stata (or similar statistical software).
Stipend and tenure:
The value of the Fellowship is currently R360 000 per annum tax free, which is expected to increase to R400 000 in 2022. The fellowship is tenable for an initial period of one year, with extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance.
Applications and enquiries should be addressed to Sharon de Bruyns at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2021.
HOW TO APPLY: Please click here for the full advert, and to read detailed instructions on what to include in your application.